What Makes You Unique?
Last week I was the guest speaker for a local Women’s Group and we had a sold-out house!! I have to be honest – public speaking is NOT easy for me, BUT I do it anyway!! And despite my fears, I’m pretty good at it! There is always room for improvement, but my motivation is the audience. I love connecting and helping them see a way out of overwhelm and that it doesn’t always have to be that way.
So while I was at this event, I had the pleasure of listening to everyone’s 30 second commercial.
A USP is your “Unique Selling Proposition”, also known as your differentiating factor.
Basically, it’s how you set YOUR business and service apart from the “competition”… (although I do not believe in competition, because we can all learn to work together. But this it still what sets you apart).
So what Is YOUR USP??
What makes you unique??
I have a few questions that might help you get a little clearer 😊
- Who is the market you serve? Do you work with seniors? Do you specialize in working with lawyers?
- Are you demographically specific? Do you specialize in Manhattan or perhaps a specific island in Hawaii?
- How is your business model set up? Are you a small boutique concierge? Or perhaps you have a team that works collaboratively with your clients based on what their needs are?
- Pricing differentiation: Maybe you bill by the hour? Or you only work in packages?
- Your OWN experience!! Many people who offer senior concierge services have taken care of an aging parent, or watched someone close to them suffer with no support. Perhaps you were a PA for a high level CEO and you decided to take those skills out into the market place?
What makes YOU Unique??
For me, I’m a registered nurse so I see things through my eyes differently than others do. Especially when we are working with seniors or aging adults. I also have over 30 years of household management skills 😊
Your assignment this week
This week, I would LOVE for you to work on your USP!!
But may I caution you?? If you’re anything like me, your chatty brain MIGHT just start saying stuff like “there’s nothing really unique about you” … (just my brain huh??)
IF that happens to you, I want to remind you of something …
There WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER in all of time and space EVER BE another YOU again!! YOU are truly a one of a kind.
All of your knowledge, history (good and bad), experiences, natural abilities, hopes, desires and personality ONLY exists in YOU – no one else …
Let us know YOUR USP in the comment box below!!
Welcome readers! If this is your first time reading my blog, thank you for stopping by! As a concierge who has built a successful business, I have decided to help other budding entrepreneurs do the same! As the Founder of The Concierge Academy I write about specific topics and marketing strategies that Work for our industry!
It’s not always easy to build a service-based business. Many see it as an intangible, but you can build a profitable and flourishing concierge business!
Be sure to grab your FREE checklist right now! 111 Ways to Grow Your Concierge Business