Welcoming Your New Client
I know today is a BIG American holiday, but it’s also “Strategy Tuesday” – so let’s have it!
Many times on a coaching call, my students will ask about “what to do” when you onboard a new client. So I figured I would share that with you this week!!
When we meet a client, often times we are doing a full in home assessment. But, there are times where that’s not necessary. It really depends on the client and what their current and ongoing needs will be.
But let’s say we are doing a home evaluation – this is how we do things:
- Set up a time convenient for your client.
- Do a full “needs assessment” (what they need now, current issues and projects that they need done)
- Have your client fill out a New Client Form.
- Build a relevant client file that includes things like: who lives in the home, any pets to be aware of, important birthdays, favorite foods, flowers etc. (it’s a great way to surprise them with the occasional “thank you”).
- Collect all relevant information from your client in order to complete a task. Such things could include getting an extra set of keys or garage codes. Or, where do the groceries go? Is there a spare room for storage? Is there a list of reliable service professionals they use?
- Review all business policies with your “new” client.
- Collect payment information. How will they pay for your services? Cash, check or credit card?
- Your clients may also ask for proof of insurance as well, so be sure to have that readily available too!
What I will say is this … a Confidant Concierge is a successful concierge!
Your assignment this week
When you show up prepared and confident, your new client will immediately feel as if they are in good hands. It takes a lot for someone to reach out and ask for help, so it’s best for YOU to show up fully and let them know “everything is going to be ok” 😊
Welcome readers! If this is your first time reading my blog, thank you for stopping by! As a concierge who has built a successful business, I have decided to help other budding entrepreneurs do the same! As the Founder of The Concierge Academy I write about specific topics and marketing strategies that Work for our industry!
It’s not always easy to build a service-based business. Many see it as an intangible, but you can build a profitable and flourishing concierge business!
Be sure to grab your FREE checklist right now! 111 Ways to Grow Your Concierge Business