Is your kid college bound? We’ve got you covered!
The tasks we are asked to help with here at Task Complete often vary due to the requests we get from potential clients. In years past, we’ve offered tips for and services to help Moms get ready for Back to School. This included things like school supply shopping, creating organization systems, education for quick meals, and managing a family calendar.
What has changed for us recently is we’re finding Moms WANT to do back to school shopping for the high school and elementary school supplies. However, where things become time consuming and stressful is finding time to help get their kids off to college.
As you read this, I’m literally visiting colleges with my oldest son (can you say, “Road Trip”?!) I haven’t done this in 10 years!! And when our 1st went off to college, she was very organized and stayed local. To be honest – she completely navigated this entire college process on her own! My son, on the other hand, is a different story and I’ll be THAT Mom again in just a year. 😊 (Mom’s who can relate… High Five!!)
But getting kids ready for college, even if it is not their first year, can be time consuming and that is where my team at Task Complete can help you. Maybe you want to spend those last bittersweet hours with your son or daughter, shopping, packing, doing laundry to prepare for their move. In that case, something else has to come off your plate. Grocery shopping, running to the dry cleaners, scheduling home repairs or maybe you want to get one last long weekend family vacation in and you could use a hand getting ready for that.
We can do that for you!
Or, maybe, you don’t WANT to shop and pack with your college bound student. There are several tasks we can take off your plate so you and your child have more time together for meaningful moments.
Here are some ways we can help this transition:
- We know how to maximize small space—we can help shop for the storage items needed in a dorm room!
- Taking a car? Let us get schedule time at the dealer or mechanics and get it checked so it’s college road trip ready.
- Make hotel reservations for drop off weekends, visiting days and other events.
- Update your calendar for all the important school dates.
- Shopping for supplies, dorm décor.
- Stock up with a move in survival day bag (you’ll need the protein and probably the H2O!)
- Sorting/tossing/purging their stuff before or after they go.
- Stock you both up with tissues! (I’m already stocking up on mine!)
- Get your house back in order after they leave.
- Schedule a pampering day for you to celebrate this milestone and fall routine
And a little BONUS you can consider…
For those who don’t live locally to us, maybe you are sending a child to school in our area (Bucks County or Philadelphia PA or Trenton, Princeton or Mercer County, NJ). We can be your “Mother’s Helper.”
Here are just a few things we can assist with while they are at school:
- Supervising the move in and out of the dorm or apartment.
- Find mover, storage and coordinate all that.
- Personally deliver care packages that are handpicked by Mom (something better than microwave mac & cheese!)
- Essential errands – Personal Shopping, Computer Repair, etc.
We’ve got you covered!
Getting ready for college, especially a Freshman you are sending off for the first time, can be overwhelming. I found this great website from Moms who know all about what you really need to take with you. These KnowsyMoms will give it to you straight so you don’t waste time or money!
Here are some of our tips!
- Consider how far your son/daughter is going. Can Fall/Winter clothes wait until a home visit to go? Take only essential clothing to keep more space in your car.
- Is your student taking the car? Make sure the car gets a once over at the mechanic before traveling. Have the oil checked/changed, tires inflated/rotated, wiper blades replaced, check battery and all light bulbs. Chances are your student won’t take care of maintenance while on campus!
- What items can you order online and have shipped right to school? What items can you ship to school instead of packing in a car?
- If you do ship anything, be sure to keep clothes, personal items, laptops/computers so they travel with your student.
- Review the school calendar with your daughter/son. Be sure to get all important dates onto your calendar and make any necessary reservations for when you visit.
Once you have your plan, call Task Complete. We can give you precious time back into your day to spend more quality time with your family in the last few days of Summer.
We’ll handle the hard stuff!
Welcome readers! If this is your first time reading my blog, thank you for stopping by! I write about topics relating to organization, productivity, networking, lifestyle and time management. I’d be truly grateful if you’d share my work with your network to help others do less while living more!
To learn more about how you Can Do Less and Live More, grab your free guide from Lifestyle Management Expert, Kellyann Schaefer right now!